Oronoque Village allows its residents to own pets, with a limit of one pet per unit. However, there are specific guidelines that pet owners must follow. Below is a clarification of the Village rules that must be followed by dog owners.
1. One pet is permitted per unit.
2. Pets must be leashed when outside.
3. Pet waste must be picked up.
4. Pets may not be left unattended when outside.
5. Pet owners must maintain control of their pets.
6. Pets are not permitted to cause an ongoing disturbance.
7. Pets (excluding properly identified service dogs) are not permitted in the clubhouses, swimming pools, gym, racquet sports courts or other facilities.
8. Pets (animals) may not be raised or bred in or out of any unit in the Village.
9. Cats may not be let out to roam.
10. Pet owners must not permit dogs to walk on plants and should be mindful of other residents’ privacy when walking near units.
1. Residents who have issues with pet behavior or with animal cruelty should contact the Town of Stratford Animal Control Department. Residents should also alert the Business Office that this action has been taken.
2. Dog owners who use expandable leashes should insure that their pet does not cause a problem to an oncoming vehicle or pedestrian.