COVID VACCINE UPDATES
The following is the latest COVID-19 vaccine information — provided by the Town of Stratford City Manager — following our meeting earlier today. This is the data provided to Stratford by the Office of Governor Ned Lamont.
* #5 in terms of those vaccinated per capita about 5% of population has gotten 1st vaccine
* A total of 171,035 vaccines have been administered with 154,994 1st doses administered and 16,041 2nd doses administered
* The United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) gave 50,000 extra doses
* General population can expect to receive the vaccine sometime in the summer and the hope is to have good population coverage by the fall.
* Expecting more clarity after the Presidential administration officially transitions next week
* Will start to see vaccines become available at retail and community pharmacies in the coming weeks
* Expecting Johnson & Johnson vaccine will be out in a few weeks
* Biden transition is considering releasing 2nd doses earlier
The Statewide VAMS (Vaccine Administration Management System) is active (https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/COVID-19-Vaccinations or the phone assistance contact: 877-918-2224.) for scheduling of vaccination appointments for Groups 1A (essential workers) and 1B (Individuals of age 75 and above).
Please note that the distribution of the vaccines to these centers is statewide and not restricted to any specific Town or Municipality; any eligible individual can schedule a vaccination appointment at any available facility anywhere in the state.
The Town informed us that they were scheduled to receive 600 weekly doses of the vaccine from the State, but that the number has been running 100-150 doses, which is unfortunate. The recommendation, at this juncture, is for individuals to self-administer the process rather than wait for the Town.
In addition, the consensus is that retail distributors (i.e., CVS, Walgreens, etc.) and other Healthcare Provider Management groups will have vaccine availability sometime in the spring and that any distribution centers that are established will be open to all residents of the state.