Detective McGlyn, who is the spokesperson for the Stratford Police Department, offers the following security tips to residents:
* Lock your outside doors and windows when you leave the house or go to bed.
* Know your neighbors and become familiar with their routines. Take notice of unfamiliar cars by writing down the license number and make of the vehicle.
* Keep your garage door closed and locked.
* Don’t allow daily deliveries of mail, newspapers or flyers build up while you are away. Arrange with the Post Office to hold your mail or arrange for a friend or neighbor to take them regularly.
* Motion sensors, burglar alarms and inside security cameras can provide an added Measure of protection, as well as placing pieces of cut wood on the inside track of your windows and sliding doors.
The best advice is to be a good neighbor and report anything that appears to be suspicious to local authorities.
The Stratford Police Department can be reached at the following numbers:
ROUTINE CALLS: (203) 385-4100
CONFIDENTIAL T.I.P.S.: (203) 375-8477EMERGENCY CALLS: 911
To reach the Oronoque Village Security Office, call 203-377-5502.