What Fees Provide
Owners of Oronoque Village homes pay monthly common homeowner’s fees payable to the Oronoque Village Condominium Association (OVCA). These fees are not taxes, they are fees collected to finance the budget of OVCA. Separately, property taxes are paid to the Town of Stratford in addition to taxes paid quarterly to the Oronoque Village Tax District to finance that budget. Tax District payments are based on the assessed value of the unit. Homeowner’s fees are based on the unit model and cover the costs of:
- All exterior building maintenance, including: roofing, siding, original windows, exterior doors, standard decks and entrance porches**
- All exterior landscaping and ground maintenance except for owner-added plantings and features – when permitted by the Association
- Snow Plowing of roadways and shoveling of walk-ways
- Maintenance of all roads and sidewalks including lighting
- Fiber-optic cable service providing 12 Broadcast and 160+ Cable TV and music channels, PLUS high-speed internet, PLUS an internal resident-only TV channel with 24-hour-a-day information on Village news and upcoming events, PLUS optional discounted land-line telephone service.
- Use of all facilities: three swimming pools, sauna, fitness room, racquet sports facility, community buildings, bocce court, indoor golf putting green and driving range, picnic tables and grills, “mini-farm” garden plots, a billiard room, ping-pong room, arts and crafts room, library, card rooms and NUMEROUS social activities.
- Full “social” membership and other privileges at the Oronoque Country Club, including walking on the cart-path during specific hours.
- Insurance for complete building coverage, including “Betterments and Improvements.” Owners are responsible to provide insurance coverage for personal property, the interior contents of their units and liability.
- On-site property management and maintenance staff, security services.
- A comprehensive website, dedicated TV station, OV Connections Facebook page, and a twice-monthly Villager Magazine.
- Garbage and recycle collection which is provided by the Town of Stratford. Compostable lawn waste is collected by the OV Maintenance Dept.
*Fees consist of Oronoque Village Condominium Association “common charges” which are paid monthly; and Oronoque Village Tax District taxes which are paid quarterly. For complete current descriptions of fees, as well as descriptions of rules and regulations, rights, privileges and procedures, consult the Oronoque Village Condominium Association Executive Manager.
**Certain enhancements to buildings, decks and landscaping MAY be allowed AFTER WRITTEN APPLICATION and approval by the association. These enhancements become the maintenance responsibility of the current and future owners of the unit.